Diamond Jubilee at Romance at Random

"The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." Albert Einstein




Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lisa's Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome to another Six Sentence Sunday! The six this week is from my upcoming release, Through the Rabbit Hole, from Astraea Press.

Here's a little background info. When Natalie tumbled through a dimensional tear, she fell into a fey lord's lap. To her bewilderment, here's what the initial conversation sounded like:


“You’re human, little bird.”

Her eyebrows drew together. She’d been expecting a threat or demand, not an observation. Just who and what was he?

He smiled, the grin creeping across his face like a ray of light. “We have legends about round-eared humans.”


Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by!

Drop by http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/ to see more great entries.

25 comments:

kayspringsteen said...

Oh, the torment! We want so much more!

Lisa Kumar said...

Lol, is this where I should cackle, Kay? I love to torment readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Gayle said...

Oh, this does sound intriguing! Great six!

Zenobia Renquist said...

Now that got my attention. :D

~ Renee

Cate Masters said...

Loved this! What a beautiful cover too.

Sarah Grimm said...

Intriguing six! I want to read more.

Patricia Preston said...

Great snippet and hook. BTW, I love your header!

D'Ann said...

Wow, nice!

Love your cover, too!

Claire Robyns said...

Round-eared human - love this. Was just observing a guy on sky news with the kids who had really elf-like ears... this ended in a long discussion on whether he was an elf or not, lol

Patricia Green said...

Okay, Through the Rabbit Hole is now at the top of my TBR list. Great choice of 6!

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Ooh elves! *dances* I must read this one!!!

Eleri Stone said...

Legends about humans-lol. Nice turn-around.

Jayel Kaye said...

Loved that you turned the tables. Legends of humans. very nice

Rebecca Royce said...

I adore that first line!

Lauri J Owen said...

Very intriguing! I sure enjoyed your six.

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! Glad my six aroused a lot of curiosity!

Kary said...

I love the term "fey lord" It sounds really steamy. Can't wait to read it.

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks, Kary! I love the term 'fey lord', too. I hope Lorh is sensual!

jennajaxon said...

Great first line, Lisa. I can hear his voice just from that! Enjoyed your six.

joleenenaylor said...

ha ha! Legends about humans! love it!

Pippa Jay said...

I love the reversal in this - humans regarded as a legend. :)

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Intriguing! Fab six :)

Lisa Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks, Lucy!