Diamond Jubilee at Romance at Random

"The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." Albert Einstein




Saturday, April 9, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

This week's six are from my soon-to-be-released novella, Through the Rabbit Hole, from Astraea Press. Natalie, the heroine, has just landed in the hero's lap.

His would’ve been a sinfully handsome face, but for the fact he didn’t look exactly human. Oh, the eyes, nose, and mouth were there and in the right proportion, as was the general shape of the face. But the eyes glinted with an abnormal light -­-­ a purple iridescent light -­‑ under strongly arched brows.

Brown hair that should have been normal wasn’t. It held too many varying shades of red and gold, running the spectrum back and forth between the two. He should’ve looked like some poster boy for hair color gone bad, but he didn’t.

Hope you enjoyed my six! To read other Six Sentence Sunday entries or join in on the fun, go to http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

jennajaxon said...

"He should have looked like some poster boy for hair color gone bad." LOL Loved your description in this six, Lisa. Can't wait to read the whole thing.

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks, Jenna!

Kary said...

Purple glow to his eyes. He sounds beautiful and a little dangerous. I am looking forward to reading Natalie's whole story.

D'Ann said...

Nice description. I am intrigued.

Rebecca Royce said...

Brown hair that should have been normal wasn't. Great writing.

Sarah Grimm said...

Love your description of the hero! Intriguing!

Martha Ramirez said...

Nice!

Patricia Green said...

He sounds mesmerizing to look at. Wonderful six!

Sandy Ruth said...

I love "poster boy for hair color gone bad." Very original. I want to know more about this heroine.

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Jay Di Meo said...

Lovely six! I want this story!!

Katie M said...

Great six! Now I'm curious...

Lauri J Owen said...

You use description very well, and are an obviously skilled writer. Great six.

ada-hoffmann said...

Very interesting. He's obviously magical - this description makes me want to know more about him.

Liana Brooks said...

Hmmm. I hope she's carrying a knife and is ready to run. The overly pretty and slightly alien ones are always trouble in my experience.

Kim Bowman Author said...

GREAT SIX! Love your cover and I love the picture on your blog:)

Lindsay said...

Wow. What a picture you painted.

Pippa Jay said...

Ooo, so what is he?

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for the comments!

Pippa, he's fey.