Diamond Jubilee at Romance at Random

"The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." Albert Einstein




Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

For this week's six, I'll be taking the lines from my current WIP, Mists of Eria, a fantasy romance. Cal, our heroine, has seen and dreamed of things that shouldn't be possible. She's been like this since childhood, but has learned the hard way that she can't share her tale.

Pressing a hand to her still aching forehead, she bent over to retrieve her bag but froze at what she saw. The floor underneath the bag, underneath her feet, rippled. The whole floor swelled into a mass of waves.

She jerked her legs up onto the bed, her heart plummeting through the floor. As she whimpered, her eyes stayed fixated on the floor.

A flickering, glittering mist formed on the ground, overtaking the strange ripples and leaving her blind while it slowly crept over the bed.

Thanks for stopping by! To read other Six Sentence Sunday entries, visit here.

14 comments:

Jenna Jaxon said...

Wow, very omnious. I think she's in trouble now. Great descriptive six, Lisa. Well done.

Carolyn Rosewood said...

OOO! Very creepy!

Gayle said...

Oh, this sounds like a really interesting story!

Cherie Marks said...

Uh oh. Dangerous and interesting.

Kary said...

I love how an ordinary circumstance morphs into a mystical world where you can feel the mist and see reality turning to liquid. Very nice.

vernac said...

I love your imagery!

kayspringsteen said...

You just brought back all my childhood fears of what might be beneath the bed....thanks!

Felicia said...

Ahhhhh! I need to know what happens next! Great hook.

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Jayel Kaye said...

super creepy and I adore it

Kim said...

Gah! I want to know what happens next! Great six!!

Sandy Ruth said...

Really good description. I feel like I'm there, and I want to know what happens next.

AllureVanSanz said...

Yikes!! What's going on? I'm curious.

Great hook.
Best,
Allure

Ginger Simpson said...

You know how to hook the reader. Great six.