Diamond Jubilee at Romance at Random

"The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." Albert Einstein




Friday, August 5, 2011

Sweet Saturday Samples

Welcome to the second week of Sweet Saturday Samples, where authors share clean excerpts of their works!

This week, my G-rated lines are from Through the Rabbit Hole and will pick up from where I left off last time. As for the whole novella, I would say it's rated G, but will label it PG to be on the safe side.


A grin lit the teen’s face, and she dipped her head. “There are many of us, you could say. I am Nara.”

“Nice to meet you, Nara.” Natalie paused. “How many of you are there?”

“With or without Lorh included?”

She gave the girl a puzzled look. “Why wouldn’t you include your brother?”

Nara sent her a smile. “Yes, silly me. Why would I not, indeed?”


To check out more great author samples or to join in next time, click on over to
Sweet Saturday Samples.


Through the Rabbit Hole Blurb:
Social worker Natalie Danvers never thought she would fall head first into her very own dimensional tear — straight into a fey lord’s lap. The handsome but infuriatingly vague Lorh insists she’s stuck in his land for three weeks and that only she can discover the reasons behind her appearance in TirAnn. Natalie’s convinced this is all nonsense until forgotten memories of Lorh and his siblings resurface and collide with reason. Just who and what is she to Lorh and his family?

Buy Links:

Astraea Press
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
All Romance

13 comments:

Sherry Gloag said...

And of course, now I want to know why she did not include her brother! :-)

Jennifer Lowery (Kamptner) said...

Got a smile out of this one! Nice sample, Lisa.

chocoaddict said...

Curiouser, and curiouser ...
Your snippets are short, but they leave me wanting more! Thanks for sharing.

Patty K

diannehartsock said...

I sense some tension with her brother! Makes me curious why. Nice excerpt!

Here's my SSat: http://diannehartsocksalex.wordpress.com/sweet-saturday/

kayspringsteen said...

I love this book. If any of you haven't read it, trust me, the twist at the end makes it original and extremely special.

Lindsay said...

Guess brothers even through a rabbit hole don't count to their sisters. Love it

Meg said...

Ditto to what Sherry said!! What's wrong with Lorh?? Hmmm.

Casea Major said...

That Nara she is so giggly. I love this exchange.

Jenna said...

Now I'm wondering if he IS her brother? Gonna have to find out! Great teaser, Lisa. :)

Pamela Mason said...

Very intriguing sample. What's the deal with Lorh? Wondering....

the1940mysterywriter said...

Ditto to what Kate and Lindsay said.
Gunnar

Bri Clark said...

Sweet...love the slivery vixen type characters. I really like the blurb line where they collide with reason.

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for all the great comments, everyone!

Lol, there's definitely a story to who Lorh is:)

Kay--thanks for the kind words about the book. Glad you liked it!

Bri--glad to know my blurb is effective! They're so hard to write.

Jenna, Sherry, Dianne, Meg, Pamela, Gunnar-I'm not saying a word;)