Diamond Jubilee at Romance at Random

"The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." Albert Einstein




Thursday, February 16, 2012

Featured Author Aine P Massie (Blood's Voice--Book One of the House Millar series)


Aine P Massie is my featured author this Thursday! She's the writer of the House Millar series. Read on to find out about Blood's Voice, the first book in the series. 




Blood’s Voice
(Book One of the House Millar series)
by Áine P Massie


Anya Millar had no memory of her life or an instruction manual on how to navigate the insane world of humans, biting, and reality. Instead, Anya has had to learn to navigate the world of love, life, and sanity while avoiding those that would see her dead or enslaved.


This is the ongoing journey of Anya and Nicholas, human loving vampires and the human they love, Declán. What makes it all more complicated is that they are abominations in their own world and Declán is a natural born vampire hunter called a Guardian.


Anya must come to terms with who she is and her missing past, Nicholas must win back the object of his eternal love while dealing with new cravings in his silent heart, and Declán must learn to destroy the very creatures that he has unequivocally given his heart and blood.


Excerpt


I spent a long time mingling and observing the humans. They are always so interesting to watch, especially when excited. I turned the corner to head to the larger dance floor when I notice Declán talking to a girl I had never seen before. This would not have bothered me except that at the same moment I saw her I also caught her scent. Not human! Not wanting to cause a scene and draw unneeded attention to what I am, I chose to – against my better judgment – head over without calling to Nicholas or Declán.


“Ah, ah, ah, I wouldn’t do that if I be you,” the strange female streamed, where I could hear but he never could have.


“Get away from him,” I growled in return. She moved away a little but relatively stayed her ground. Moving in to wrap one arm around his waist, I pulled him behind me. “You are not welcome here and especially not near this one!” I was so furious I was vibrating slightly.


“A new pet,” she purred. “You’ve always been such a strange little creature, haven’t you? We just be talking.” She looked amused, maybe she did not understand the danger she was facing. “Weren’t we pet?”


“Mmmm, yesh ma’am,” Declán slurred. “Is okay Anya, we weres just talkin’.” Glancing back just enough to see his face I suddenly became aware of two things; first, he was dazed looking and secondly, he had two small wounds on the left side of his neck.


“You bit him?” I could hear the others converging on our position now. “You will never bite anyone ever again!” I growled. I could feel myself losing control; I needed to get Declán away, quickly.


Shifting into a half crouch, I felt Nicholas slide in beside me doing the same. “Geoff, Peony, take Declán, now, and get him out of here.”


Nicholas put a restraining hand on my arm, “Not here. Out back."


Fine. “We three will go out back to talk,” I commanded. “Bog leat soith!” I snarled at the female. I could hear Nicholas sigh but did not have time to find out why right then.


‘She’ moved gracefully toward the back door without a pause. Her eyes kept the unfocused glaze my voice often caused even as she turned to face us once in the alley. “This be totally unnecessary. I wouldn’t kill your pet.” I could feel my teeth descend without conscious command as I continued to growl; she finally appeared troubled.


“Why are you here?” snapped Nicholas.


“I be sent to observe her,” she said twitching her chin at me. “I just wanted to know more about her.”


“She bit Declán, Nicholas,” I hissed.


“It just be easier for me to enter their mind and memories that way,” she answered. “It won’t damage him, don’t stress so child.”


“You are dead, do you hear me.”


Lights started flashing around me for a moment and then I was no longer in the alley. Where am I? Looking around, I was in a strange octagonal room. I could feel panic and fear within but with a sort of residual, not quite real sensation. Walls, ceiling, and floors were all a rough silvery metal. I was restrained to the wall at my wrists, chest, waist, and ankles; there was also some kind of strange gag in my mouth.


The gag was not painful but it had a protrusion that made it where my teeth were locked in one position. I could smell blood, fresh human blood but could see no one but the same strange woman I was just growling at; she was standing in front of me sneering. The only sound, other than our breathing was when she spoke. “You really should be more cooperative child. It wouldn’t be so painful if you just behaved better.” Searing pain and light. . .



Áine P Massie is originally from Florida, she now lives in Wisconsin where she works on her House Millar series full time while raising four children (the term herding cats comes to mind). Her major in College was Childhood Education (0-5) with a minor study in Deaf Culture/ASL. She is also a Wiccan priestess dedicated to the gods, family, and love.


A lifelong reader, Áine has always had a particular fascination with vampires, mythology, and the unusual. When she can escape from her children and books, she enjoys . . . oh yes, reading, playing, ritual, a good cappuccino, and working with her healing stones.


Her first published work came in high school where she was part of a writing and drama group. But, she’s been reading the likes of Shakespeare and Poe since late elementary school and enjoys most forms of fiction. Blood’s Voice has been a long time in coming and with its publication (June 2011) Áine embarked on a new chapter in her life.


Social Contact
Website – http://apmassie.com
Facebook (Author) – https://www.facebook.com/pages/%C3%81ine-P-Massie- Author/261938233855978
Facebook (Series) – https://www.facebook.com/BloodsVoice
Twitter – http://twitter.com/AnyaMillar
Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/anyamillar
Google + – https://plus.google.com/115857487824411469639/
eMail – anya.millar@gmail.com
page4image55536
page4image55808
page4image56080
page4image56352
page4image56624
page4image56896
page4image57168



22 comments:

Anya Millar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anya Millar said...

Thank you for having me (and Blood's Voice) over today :)
Cute blog BTW

Casea Major said...

Very nice post! Congrats on the release.

Lia Davis said...

Nice excerpt! Congrats!

Lisa Kumar said...

Aine--you're so welcome! Glad you like the blog:)

Casea and Lia--thanks for stopping by!

Sheri Fredricks said...

Lisa - you have a very pretty blogsite!

Aine - What a cool book cover! And first person story? Lookin' good!

Anya Millar said...

Thanks Sheri. Blood's Voice (as is Blood Bound) is written from Anya's POV. I don't do 3rd person (great to read, hell to write).

I love my covers :D too, thank you

Lia and Casea - Thanks for the love and support!

Brenda said...

Whoa! I loved your excerpt.
Hey, and congrats on the release! That's super cool!

Jennifer Lowery (Kamptner) said...

Great excerpt and book! Sounds like it's going to be a great series (and I should know, I've gotten a sneak peek at book #2)
Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Kumar said...

Sheri--thanks! I had a hard time deciding which design to pick. There are so many good ones.

Everybody--thanks for stopping by and supporting Anya--and me:)

Maria said...

Great excerpt, very interesting and a good cliffhanger type place to cut off...lol

Daryl Devore said...

Congrats on the release. The cover is beautiful.
Good cliffhanger on excerpt.

Jenna said...

Great excerpt! Certainly makes you want more! Congrats on your release!

Stacey Brutger said...

Congratulations on your release!

Anya Millar said...

Brenda - Thanks. I debated on the excerpt but that one won :D

Jennifer - TY TY and yes, you do. You've been great helping with the crits :) for BB

Lisa - Thanks for having me. Hugs

Anya Millar said...

Maria - Shhh.... you're tellin my secrets. Hope everyone enjoys the tease and book.

Daryl - I completely revamped (pun intended) both covers. Hope you all like the one for BB as well.

Jenna - You're sweet. I hope it does :D hint hint, LOL

Harlie Reader said...

Loved the excerpt. Congratulations on the release. :)

Marika

Anya Millar said...

Stacey - TY TY

Marika - Thanks! much appreciated :)

Taryn said...

Congratulations on your release! Sounds like a great book!

Kitty DuCane said...

Oooh. Love you're book cover. Congrats on your release.

Maggie/Kitty

Anya Millar said...

Thanks Taryn and Kitty :)

(ღ˘◡˘ღ)

Lisa Kumar said...

Thanks for letting my spotlight you, Aine!

And thank you to everyone who stopped by. Your support meant so much to Aine and me!